Carbon monoxide or other types of gases which can leak into your London home are a serious hazard. These gases most of the times are invisible and have no smell. Therefore, it might be difficult to ascertain if you and your family are in danger. In this article, our plumber in London explains how to prevent and detect a gas leak in your home.
Preventing a gas leak in London with the help of plumbers near me
The best way of dealing with a gas leak is preventing it from happening in the first place. The most important roles here are played by the household appliances.
To prevent gas leaks from occurring, our plumbers in London advise you to take the following precautions:
• Have a licensed gas service worker to effectuate all the piped gas service work;
• Shut off the gas meter control valve when being out of the house in a vacation;
• Maintain the access to the gas meter clear from any obstructions;
• Place flammable materials away from all the gas fixtures;
• Always supervise the gas cooker when cooking;
• Always buy a gas cooker which has the SAFETY Mark;
• Gas appliances should be set up in a well-ventilated location in your home by our plumber in London;
• Make sure there is no gas odor before lighting a gas cooker;
• Do not flame incense near gas pipes.
How to detect a gas leak in London
The most common sign on a gas leak in your London home is the smell of gas. However, there are other characteristic physical symptoms which may be experienced in case there is a gas leak.
When you feel ill, lightheaded, dizzy or nauseous, the first thing you should do is get out of the house right away, as recommended by our emergency plumber inLondon.
If these symptoms disappear when you are outdoors, they might be caused by a gas leak or carbon monoxide poisoning.
Also, household appliances can present signs of a gas leak, even if there is no gas smell, such as:
• The flame should be crisp blue, and not orange or yellow;
• Look out for excessive condensation on the windows or a musty smell in the room air;
• The light should be pilot, always seeming to blow out;
• Look out for soot or black and brown scorched areas around the fixtures.
In case you would like to know more about the safe use of gas in London, or if you require any plumbing services in London, please speak to our friendly team of local plumbers.
Our local plumbers can provide more details concerning gas leaks, but they can also assist you in other plumbing situations. For instance, if you need to replumb a house or your apartment, you can always refer to our team.
Of course, we provide the same service for corporate clients and you must know that our plumbers have the necessary experience in handling this in the most professional way.
Our team can be found in numerous London towns, so you must know that, in the case in which you live in the town of Ilford, you can address to our plumber in Ilford.
Our plumber can offer regular, day-to-day plumbing services, but you can also contact the team if you have an emergency case, such as it is the case of a gas leak, which is always considered an emergency situation that can’t be postponed.