The pipes in your building transport clean water to different plumbing fixtures, and they transport waste water away from your building. This system may work perfectly for a while, however, a choke is among the most often met plumbing problems that building owners come across. Eliminating the choke is imperative, most of the times having to get help from a professional plumber in London.
You can also rely on us for other plumbing services in London.
Table of Contents
Water overspill in the floor trap in London
The reason a water overspill from a choked floor trap might happen is that solid matter and/or grease in the floor trap chunks the water flow.
The solution to this issue lies in removing all the dense materials that are causing the choke. Most of the times, this problem is solved by professional plumbers in London. We offer to clear chokes by manual removal, chemical and jet spray machines. We are experienced in clearing floor trap chokages in London, having operated in the industry for many years and ensuring that every work we effectuate is of the highest quality.
After the job is done, the plumber makes sure the floor trap chokage is entirely eliminated by checking that the water flows clearly.
How does the drain system work?
In order to understand how a floor trap choke appears, London homeowners should first understand how the drain system works.
The drain system is designed to ensure the correct circulation of water: while fresh, clean water is brought from the main supply line to the pipes in the house, the dirty used water is carried away through the drain system. When the balance between these processes is broken, floor trap chokes appear.
The bad thing about a floor trap choke is that it can appear in different parts of the house, the most common ones being the kitchen or the bathroom. This is the most important thing to find when the homeowner suspects a choke or a clogged drain. It is also important to rule out any damage to the water supply lines.
In order to correctly determine if the cause of the malfunction of your drain system is indeed a floor trap choke or not, it is best to ask for the professional advice of an emergency plumber in London.
The most common locations for a floor trap choke in London
Most of the times, floor trap chokes occur in the bathroom, as this is the place used by all family members in a London home. The second place where such plumbing issue can appear is the kitchen.
When dealing with a floor trap choke in the bathroom, there are several places which must be carefully verified, among these being:
- the toilet bowl, as many times we throw various items in it, apart from toilet paper;
- the drain can also be one of the places which can develop chokes in your London home;
- a bathtub choke is also very common, as debris, such as hair and soap can form around the drain;
- shower chokes have also started becoming usual plumbing issues in London.
Sink chokes are also common, but in the kitchen, where various food debris can clog the drain.
Floor trap chokes can be easier to resolve when dealing with a house in London, but when it comes to an apartment, a plumber can be a better option, as the problem can extend to several apartments.
Common causes of a floor trap choke
The causes of floor trap chokes depend very much on the place where the problem occurred. Our London plumbing professionals usually recommend homeowner to avoid throwing the following in the sink, toilet, bathtub or shower:
- hair – even if it is hard to avoid losing hair when taking a shower, our plumbers in London recommend people to gather as much hair as possible and throw it directly to the garbage in order to void floor trap chokes;
- soap – another way of avoiding floor trap chokes in the bathroom is to try and clean the drain when you start noticing a large amount of soap around it;
- grease and oil create chokes and clogs in the kitchen, which is why our plumbers recommend cleaning the kitchen drain as often as possible by pouring various types of home remedies such as baking soda or vinegar in it;
- various objects or food remains often cause floor trap chokes – among these we remind about small toys from children which can cause very serious blockages in one’s home drainage system;
- dirt – even if most people do not believe this, the dust and dirt accumulated over time can be a real problem leading to floor trap chokes in London.
We recommend you reach out to our plumbers in London for complete solutions for resolving any type of floor trap choke problem.
Maintenance advice offered by our plumber in London
In order to make sure you do not come across a floor trap chokage, keep the following advice in mind:
• Close the grating to avoid particles – like hairs or other dense materials – from choking the floor trap. Do not pour cooking oil into the floor trap;
• Keep your bathroom and kitchen clean by daily using diluted household bleach (1 part of bleach mixed with 99 parts of water).
Ourlocal plumbers can give you further advice on how to avoid a floor trap chokage and they can assist you on various plumbing issues.
Foul smell from floor trap
Sometimes, if solid particles are trapped in the floor trap, it might give out a foul smell. Or the same thing might happen if the toilet has not been utilized for quite a long time, for example, while you were out on a holiday.
The way out from such a problem is to remove the solid particles, then flush and clean the floor trap and flush the toilet on a regular basis.
To avoid foul smell from floor trap, do the following:
• Seal the floor trap cover for the time being while it is not being used for a prolonged period of time;
• Do not pour dirty liquids or oil into the floor trap;
• Install an anti-mosquito device on the floor trap.
How our plumbers in London clear a clogged floor trap
When dealing with clogged floor traps, an emergency plumber in London can use the methods which are enlisted below:
• Using a plunger: it is a plumbing tool used to unclog drains. After using it, our local plumbers will verify if the floor trap was unclogged;
• A home-made solution: it is made of vinegar and soda. The solution is prepared by our plumber then it is left to sit in the clogged floor trap for 10 minutes. Afterward, a supplementary boiling water quart is slowly flushed and the floor trap cover is replaced;
• Utilizing a plumber’s snake: in case all the above methods do not work, a manual plumber’s snake is used. Again, after the floor trap is unclogged, the cover is replaced;
• Professional plumber and high tech instruments: our licensed plumbers have all the necessary tools to make sure that, no matter how stubborn, the clog from the floor trap is removed. Firstly, we diagnose the issue and then we choose the most appropriate instrument to sort out the issue from our stock of high tech tools. These may include fiber optic cameras, powerful electric augers (caller Roto-Rooters) or hydro-jetters. These hydro-jetters attack drain clogs in an extremely effective manner by using high-pressure water streams.
The best way to deal with a clogged floor trap, however, is prevention. The wise homeowner knows these drains should be professionally cleaned by our plumbers in London every three to five years to ensure the issue does not occur at all.
How to avoid floor trap chokes in London
There are various ways of preventing a floor trap choke, and these ways must be adapted for the kitchen and the bathroom because no matter how hard one will try to prevent such problems, the old age of the pipes will at some point create problems. This is why having the plumbing system regularly verified and properly maintained can prolong the lifespan of the piping and draining system and can prevent floor trap chokes for long periods of time.
The installation of lint catchers to the washing machines are newer solutions which can help with the prevention of floor trap chokes in the bathroom. For the same bathroom, the installation of hair catchers can be another solution for avoiding clogged drains.
Every once in a while, it is also recommended to use drain cleaners which will prolong the life of the drain system. Also, it is advisable that at least once a year, London homeowners to have a plumber professionally clean the drain and pipe systems in the kitchen and bathroom.
Avoiding floor trap chokes is not difficult, however, these problems cannot be avoided forever, which is why we recommend you reach out for professional advice from our plumbers in London.
Ourlocal plumbers are experienced and devoted to assisting our customers in their plumbing issues in the most professional and frank attitude possible. Contact us now if you need to clear floor trap chokage in London.