The bathroom can pose a lot of problems. While some of them are more serious, there are also others which do not cause that much trouble. Among these a broken or leaky showerhead. Repairing a leaky showerhead, however, can cause quite a lot of hassle, so sometimes replacing it can be a better idea. It can save both money and time. Our local plumbers can give you the best solution.
The replacement of the showerhead can be a DIY job or you can call one of our plumbers in London if you have a modern showerhead installed.
When does the showerhead need a replacement?
You don’t necessarily need to replace the showerhead if it is only clogged or limescale has formed on it, as in this case it only needs cleaning. However, there are a few signs that indicate it is time for a showerhead replacement. Our emergency plumber in London advises you to check for rust and for leakages: when these appear, you will need to change it. In this case, you need to buy a showerhead that fits the shower arm.
Steps taken by plumbers near me for replacing a broken showerhead in London
Before you start disassembling the shower or just the showerhead, it is advisable to check where or why it has broken. Once the cause is determined, our plumber in London advises to follow the next steps in order to replace the showerhead:
- make sure you have enough room to work and the necessary tools at hand;
- turn off the water in the bathroom in order to avoid other accidents;
- remove the showerhead by turning it counterclockwise – you could also use some tool if it is tightly screwed to the hose or shower arm;
- clean the inside of the shower hose or arm in order to make sure the new head fits in tightly;
- you can use some Teflon tape around the shower arm’s threads by taping it clockwise;
- attach the new showerhead, turn the water back on and check for any leaks.
Among the tools that you can use when replacing a showerhead, our plumbing professionals recommend you keep close an adjustable wrench and Teflon tape, just in case you might need them.
The replacement of a showerhead can be quite easy, however, modern showers could request the hand of a professional, so do not hesitate to contact our plumbers in London in case you need help. We also offer other plumbing services for your home in London.