Hard water can stain the sinks and appliances in your house and it can even corrode the pipes, causing them to get degraded and to have to be replaced. For these reasons, sometimes, homeowners choose to set up a water softener in their London homes. In this article, our plumbers in London explain how we install a water softener.
Steps taken by plumbers near me to install a water softener in London
To install a water softener, our plumber in London follows these steps:
• Turning off the water supply valves of the house;
• Cutting into the water supply pipe and setting up elbow fittings so that two lines can be connected in the inlet and the outlet ports of the bypass valve;
• Cutting and setting up the pipes which lead to the bypass valve. Then, our plumbers in London solder all the fixtures and nipples before connecting them to the plastic bypass valve;
• Clamping the drain hose to the water softener in London and running it into a drain or sink. The drain hose has to be sized according to the distance of the run and height connected to the inlet;
• Connecting the overflow tube of the brine tank, after the manufacturer’s instructions;
• Setting the bypass valve on the “bypass” position and turning the water on to flow through the water softener for several minutes to eliminate any sediments and air in the lines;
• Opening partially the inlet control on the bypass valve to slowly. This is done to eliminate any air build up. After the water runs steadily to the drain and the system ceases sputtering, our local plumbers fully open the inlet and outlet bypass controls;
• Plugging in the power cord. Afterwards, we push the “Regenerate” button to enable the unit to cycle its next stage and repeat until the “Service” setting comes into function;
• Programming the controls.
Why use a water softener in London?
A water softener in London is used to eliminate mineral ions, exchanging them for sodium bicarbonate ions to transform the water into becoming more conductive to cleaning.
After this exchange happens, the water softener enters a regeneration to eliminate all the extra ions. Recently, new methods have been able to reduce the amount of water required for regeneration and flushing.
Our emergency plumber inLondon recommends you to use these systems because you will immediately feel a difference in the way your skin feels after, for example, taking a shower.
If you have further questions about water softeners in London, or to install such a unit in your home and for any other plumbing services in London, we invite you to speak to our friendly local plumbers.